Pubblicato il 17/05/2022
- Vehicle Engineering Manager Motorcycle
- Ricardo Italia
Il nostro cliente
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915. Our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste.
With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3,000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world. It is the passion and expertise of this community which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion. Guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
- Primarily a role focussed on the coordination of the team of vehicle engineers, management for the achievement of high-quality standards and meeting project needs and expectation through the creation of technical solutions, this role also requires proven team leadership capability
- Responsible for technical aspects related to motorcycle, scooters and in genera L-category vehicles for what concern chassis, bodywork, auxiliary systems, vehicle testing and development, industrialization
- Leading technical authority for the company in the area of vehicle design and development area, shaping company position on subject, promotes excellence both internally and externally
- Mechanical engineering design within a process framework ensuring acceptable DFM/DFA
- Determine requirements for analysis and either undertake or define and manage third party involvement
- Define and facilitate component and vehicle testing and development
- Awareness of project schedule and consequence of missed deliverables
- Responsible for all technical aspects of project delivery of the team, as well as awareness of and adherence to common project management techniques
- Rapid evaluation of problems, identifying defects and recommending possible solutions
- Participation and support of troubleshooting during industrialization phase both in component suppliers and factory at client
- Provide senior technical input, presentations of concepts, reports, drawings etc.
- Located at Ricardo RTC (Rimini Technical Centre). Opportunities to work and travel abroad
- Project variety, encompassing many different customer markets, highly varied product sectors e.g. scooter, off-road and cruiser at any or all project phases, from clean sheet to production.
Il candidato prescelto
COMPETENCE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Substantial degree of personal autonomy and responsibility for the management of others (including recruitment and development)
* Highly competent in the application of a comprehensive range of fundamental Engineering principles to generate or guide the creation of optimal motorcycle specific solutions and sufficiently flexible to adapt first principal techniques across a wide range of known and sometimes novel contexts
* Competence on Electric Vehicles design and development is preferable
* Design for manufacture: proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes for metals, composites, plastics and more
* Good knowledge on available RP and manufacturing technologies
* Very good knowledge of international standards including GD&T
* Knowledge on 3D modelling in Creo, Catia and UX NX (at least one of the three at proficient level)
* Good knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
* Capable of writing technical standards and promotion of excellence in motorcycle vehicle design, through coaching of others, and engagement in technical reviews
* Contributes to significant commercial and organisational planning
* Approves documents, deliverables, proposals, and requisitions according to defined limits
* Personally accountable for simulation, analysis and diagnosis, design, planning, implementation and evaluation of technical systems, involvement and follow up of DVP and problem root cause analysis. Owner of DFMEA. Participation in PFMEA.
* Contributes to the development of design guidelines, tools and techniques
* Good Knowledge of the industrial phase of the product lifecycle. Support to component suppliers during industrialization, SQA, and factory setting up in clients. Manufacturability to be one of the focus of the design.
* Support the Project Manager to deploy budget, forecast spending and to the corrective actions following the weekly cost reviews.
* Good communication (both written and oral)
* Very good English
* Typically a degree or knowledge gained through experience and/or further study, minimum ten years chassis and/or bodywork engineering design experience
* Fully qualified, with an appropriate level of experience in delivering a range of project types (e.g. concept generation, prototype development, production release / problem resolution) in a motorcycle related field in addition to technical and commercial management experience
* Preferably will have spent time working at an OEM / Tier 1 or Engineering consultancy, ideally in a design, analysis, test and development, manufacturing related discipline
* Willingness to travel abroad
* Motorcycle passionate
Cosa comprende l'offerta
- Leading multinational
- possibilities for further development in the short term