Temporary Project Manager
Temporary Project Manager
Company leading name for the design and manufacture
Il nostro cliente
Our client is a leading company in the design and manufacture of multiple complex engineering developments.
La figura ricercata
The role will require engagement with all parts of the business from sales and product management through to production and customer support. The role will be personally responsible for agreeing strategies tailored to each development with the wider company, multi-site and multi-country, and then for driving these developments to completion.
- Management of multi-disciplinary teams that include Marketing, Systems, Electronics, Firmware/Software, Mechanical, Validation, Product Approvals and Production Engineering.
- Managing technically complex, safety critical developments to meet the conflicting requirements of high performance, high reliability and low cost.
- Managing of multiple projects in parallel to optimise use of resources to best meet business needs, for example, Kanban.
- Managing in a matrix organisation where resource availability is negotiated with Functional Management across competing needs.
- Ownership of project charters to ensure developments are fully scoped, constraints defined and success criteria agreed.
- Identification and monitoring of project risk (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing of mitigation and/or contingent actions.
- Chairing of team meetings, pro-active management of project actions and communication of status and decisions to the relevant stakeholders. Includes reporting of schedule, resourcing and budget estimates to senior management.
- Escalation to senior management with recommendations if development objectives can no longer be met within agreed constraints.
- Supporting improving Project Management internal processes.
- Continual identification of Lessons Learnt as input into on-going business management process improvements.
- An active engagement in own and colleague's professional development.
Il candidato prescelto
Thewinningcharacteristicsof a candidate will be:
o Qualification in an engineering discipline.
o Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams to develop and release electronic hardware products in production.
o An appreciation of business processes from sales to production.
o A practical knowledge of Project Management principles and tools.
o practical knowledge of project planning; estimation, planning, etc.
o A practical knowledge of risk / opportunity management.
o A self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative, build trust, and manage independently without close supervision, leading things to completion.
Consolidated experience in the role and management of multidisciplinary teams, gained in modernly organized industrial companies, in international contexts and coming from the industrial sector
The resource sought has an excellent predisposition to interpersonal relationships, is used to interfacing with different company areas and at multiple levels, has leadership skills, problem solving and proactivity.
Cosa comprende l'offerta
Temporary contract 12 months (temporary contract or P.Iva).
In Michael Page crediamo nella diversità e nell'inclusione. Promuoviamo le pari opportunità senza discriminazioni sessiste, raziali, di età, religiose, di orientamento sessuale e qualsiasi altro aspetto che possa essere considerato di esclusione o discriminante.