Tax Manager BU South, Consumer Goods Company
One of the largest fast-moving consumer goods companies, Milan
Responsible for all direct and indirect tax matters of Italy
Il nostro cliente
One of the largest fast-moving consumer goods companies.
La figura ricercata
Your function is part of the BU South Tax Department. You will be responsible for all direct and indirect tax matters of Italy and for the supervision of direct and indirect tax matters for BU South as a whole (BU South being Italy, Spain and Canarian Islands and Spain and Canarian Islands having their own tax manager role in the country).
As tax manager you will be responsible to support the business with optimization and guidance on direct and indirect tax matters while ensuring a solid position towards the tax authorities. You will be responsible for monitoring transfer price setting for the local markets in the BU while ensuring compliance with BEPS and local tax rules.
- Propose, develop, lead and implement tax planning and tax optimization projects in order to increase efficiency in direct and indirect taxes (incl. but not limited to corporate income tax, VAT, excise duties/beer tax, dividend withholding tax, property taxes and other local taxes) for BU South;
- Ensure compliance with tax law (both direct and indirect taxes) for the Italian entity, ensure all tax returns are submitted within legal timing, review and sign off tax payments and ensure tax payments are done within the legal deadlines;
- Monitor tax legislation changes that could have an impact on Italy and share this knowledge with the Italian business;
- Supervise and manage tax audits by Italian tax authorities (both for direct and indirect taxes);
- Perform monthly sanity checks on VAT books, and specifically on VAT rates, deductibility, proper set up in Systems (ERP);
- Manage excise duties in collaboration with the tax warehouses, providing insights and directions on problem solving (wrong loads, EMCS issues, differences).
- Manage excise recovery from scrapping;
- Manage Transfer Price Documentation with support of external Consultants;
- Prepare monthly tax reporting for the Italian company;
- Forecast and budget for Tax Payments for BU South.
Il candidato prescelto
- Master's degree in economics, law and/or taxation;
- 7 Years of relevant direct and indirect tax experience with a Big 4 firm or a multinational company;
- Strong compliance mindset;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills (highly structured and systematic approach to delivering business solutions);
- Excellent communication and IT skills;
- Excellent team player, building relationships across functional areas;
- Excellent oral and written Italian and English skills, knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
Cosa comprende l'offerta
You'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act.