Engineering Project Manager - Pisa
Our Client is an important supplier of components for water equipment in the rapidly expanding and highly competitive global water industry
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May lead Sustaining Engineering (Warranty Reduction, Quality Improvement,and/or Value Engineering)
and new product development project teams from conceptto post release with strong sense of urgency, utilizing company'sstage-gatenew productdevelopment process (3D: Discover, Develop & Deploy), Product change/improvement process (PCO), project management tools and techniques.This mayinclude the facilitation of development brainstorming Kaizen events.
- Responsible for managing large scale and/or moderately complex departmental and cross-functional development projects.
- Collaborates with engineering, product management, operations, supply chain, finance and other stakeholdersas requiredto identify and prioritize critical project milestones and deliverables.
- Develops project plans identifying schedules, specifications, risks, and contingency plans for all projects.Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones and daily task activities.
- Develops and maintains technical and project documentation, including project/process deliverables.Coordinates project activities with cross-functional team members to ensure project goals and requirements are met on schedule and within budget.
- Leads weekly cross-functional project meetings and maintain minutes/notes/action items. Provides weekly updates to Acccolade Portfolio Management software and insures accuracy of all project specific details, including deliverables, due dates, team changes, and risks.
- Continuously gathers feedback from all project team members to track progress and mitigate risk.
- Identifies project related issues and risks, document sall risks in the risk database, and championsearly escalation to facilitate mitigation before they effect critical path.
- Works collaboratively with other Pentair global design centers, manufacturing plants and strategic suppliers as needed.
- Documents all lessons learned for future reference and evaluation.
- Will provide input for performance appraisals for team members.
- Leads Sustaining Engineering projects for two lines on products manufactured in our Pisa facility (pumps and automation systems).Develop solutions, implement plans and supervise completion of all necessary documents to secure Sustainability of the product design and process.
- Learns and masters all requirements of Client's processes for NPD (3D: Discover, Develop & Deploy)and product change/improvements (PCO), as well as company's Project management tools (Accolade and Clarizen).
Requisiti e competenze
- B.S. degree in Engineeringfrom an accredited institution
- Project Management education; Professional (PMP) certification is desirable. If hired, candidates are expected to study and successfully pass the PMI PMP exam demonstrating core competency knowledge.
- 5+years leading cross-functional project teams without direct supervisory responsibilities.
- 5+years of engineering (design or manufacturing) experience in a high volume production, product development environment.
- Highly detail oriented, organized and organizationally agile individual preferred.
- Highly approachable, emotionally mature and able to interact, communicate and effectively lead a diverse group of technical professionals.
- Knowledge of new product development stage-gate process.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well versed in Problem Solving with demonstrated experience utilizing common tools such as: Cause-and-effect diagram ("Fishbone"), 8D, 5-Why, and/or other tools.
- Professional experience in product design and development is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Fluent with 3D-CAD, preferably SolidWorks
- Fluent in English and Italian (French is a plus)
- Fluent with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Located in Pisa
15-20% travelling internationally to other European facilities
Amazing Career Opportunity based in Pisa
In Michael Page crediamo nella diversità e nell'inclusione. Promuoviamo le pari opportunità senza discriminazioni sessiste, razziali, di età, religiose, di orientamento sessuale e qualsiasi altro aspetto che possa essere considerato di esclusione o discriminante.