Credit Manager Europe
European Credit Management for Commercial Group
English and French
The Group is an italian distribution Company lead by a multinational Group. From Italy,it leads all European countries
He/She will be part of Finance division managing the following activites:
- Define and implement credit and operational processes & procedures for continuous improvements by collaborating with various departments including leveraging technology where appropriate (Order to Cash policy).
- Implement a monthly dashboard to share a One Europe picture on KPI's, trends (top customers aging) and actions on past due accounts.
- Periodically present monthly results to Corporate staff.
- Manage credit and collection activities for portfolio of Europe Clusters including processing new credit applications by reviewing credit data and approving credit limits for new and existing customers.
- Ensure compliance of payment terms, timely resolution, and perform account reconciliation by reviewing aging reports weekly. Schedule frequent communication with local Finance teams in Europe sales and operations to coordinate plan for corrective action.
- Address overdue payments by contacting customers and working internally with salespeople and account coordinators for litigations. Monitor for signs of financial problems and report to immediate manager an action plan to mitigate risk.
- Prepare and follow through payment schedules for customers who are in need of temporary extended payment plans.
- Validate orders, which are placed on hold by ERP at the time of order entry.
- Ensure credit exposure for ongoing customers are maintained within their approved limits.
- Build new and strengthen relationships with customers, both internal and external.
- Ability to review financials with assistance from immediate manager.
- Prepare monthly reports of past due accounts and other various reports as required.
- Effectively negotiate in complex customer situations with minimal guidance and ability to see results to completion.
- Accept responsibility for managing higher credit risks and dealing with complex customer relationships.
- Prepare credit related training materials and conduct training sessions for various members of the organization.
- Promote sales growth by using discretion and professional judgement to prevent credit & collection efforts from adversely affecting customer relations.
- Meet or exceed individual KPI goals with which include, but not limited to DSO, % current, Bad Debt Expense, and cost savings initiatives.
- Credit insurance Europe management and contract implementation
- Live up to the Group Values, being a role model for all of them
Requisiti e competenze
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance or the equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of commercial credit and collection experience.
- Basic accounting, financial statement, and bankruptcy knowledge.
- Follow-up skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and possesses a high sense of urgency.
- Interpersonal effectiveness and time management skills. Must be able to work independently as well as in a group setting with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate/Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong business judgment and knowledge of credit and collection tools and techniques.
- Ability to communicate to large audiences.
- Ability to motivate credit team members throughout Europe whether a direct report or not.
- Full Proficiency in English and French required.
Great career opportunity in a fast growing Company
In Michael Page crediamo nella diversità e nell'inclusione. Promuoviamo le pari opportunità senza discriminazioni sessiste, razziali, di età, religiose, di orientamento sessuale e qualsiasi altro aspetto che possa essere considerato di esclusione o discriminante.