Tu sei qui
Technical Leader Exterior Lighting
- Strong drive and be able to work independently
- 10-15 years in the functional area
Il nostro cliente
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo Cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future. The first thing you will notice on a car is the exterior and especially the front and the rear lighting. Would it not be both exciting and challenging to be the one who leads the technical development within lighting? The Exterior Lighting is a key communication point for Volvo Cars, and this will increase in the future due to more advanced technique and styling. On behalf of our client we are now looking for a Technical Leader Exterior Lighting that can set up the strategies for the future. In this position, you will report to Director Exterior Systems.
La figura ricercata
Your main task as a Technical Leader will be to focus on the technique and technical development of exterior lightning that will make Volvo Cars world leaders in the areas important to them.
- Be an active authority within the lighting community world-wide.
- Be a spokesperson for Volvo Cars regarding exterior lighting within media and other activities.
- Represent Volvo Cars in different lighting forums, e.g. GTB and SIS.
- Deliver and continuously improve a corporate balanced strategy for lighting, with Design, R&D and Business.
- Deliver a strategy for software and functions for connected car, a growing area for lighting.
- Transform market trends from areas outside Automotive and realise into Volvo Cars products.
- Position Volvo Cars within the international community of lighting, institutes, universities, suppliers, authorities and competitors.
- Secure that Volvo Cars is competitive regarding new technologies.
- Develop Exterior Lighting systems that enable the VCC strategy of being leading within active safety.
- Develop Exterior Lighting systems that are enablers for Scandinavian design and luxury.
- Cooperate with universities with a long term plan to have a part time research position parallel to the ordinary work.
Il candidato prescelto
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player, highly communicative and able to lead, influence and communicate with people on all levels. You need to have a passion for customers and cars.
- MSc or equivalent based on work experience preferred: PhD.
- 10-15 years in the functional area working for an OEM and/or leading supplier within lighting.
- Recognized and demonstrated technical expertise in Exterior lighting, including both narrow and broad focus.
- Demonstrated major contribution or leadership in development of advanced technologies/processes. - Experience from external research/advanced engineering performed at academy, research institute or industry.
- Technicallyinterested, curiousandstronglycommittedtodevelopworldclassproductswithhighprecisionandquality, aswellasabilityto create newcustomerneedswithnewtechnology
- Experience from external research / advanced engineering performed at academy, research institute or industry. - Has comprehensive experience from, and a network within Authorities, Academy and Industry.
- Strong drive and be able to work independently. - Strong/fluent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) in English. Swedish and Mandarin is advantageous. - Drivers license.
Cosa comprende l'offerta
Are you willing to take the step and lead this development, bringing it to a new level? Please send your CV as soon as possible. Interviews will be carried out continuously. Responsible consultant: Lisa Elgham