Tu sei qui
R&D Engineer - Algorithms
- R&D Algorithms Engineer - Technology Company
- Ph.D in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
Il nostro cliente
Our Client, part of an international Group, is the Italian engineering/R&D/manufacturing/operations centre of the company. From initial concepts, thgough the development and mass production, the Italian Office is an engineering powerhouse specialized in a range of key specialist areas, involved in development of the next generation of products and systems for the power industry.
La figura ricercata
- Capture requirements and turn aspirational company or customer goals into well-defined, achievable and testable specifications.
- Design and develop models, algorithms and formulae, with associated comprehensive test suites and GUIs, ensuring highest quality throughout, in particular using the mathematical development and symbolic analysis package 'Maple'.
- Integrating and testing functionality with other parts of the system, including real-time DSP and code running on servers, PCs and mobile devices.
- Work effectively either alone or within a team to reach agreed business objectives.
- Collaborate with teams or individuals from other disciplines, cultures and countries.
- Communicate clearly and effectively at the appropriate level of detail with people from a wide range of technical abilities and backgrounds.
- Produce clear and concise documentation such as detailed design specifications, reports and version release notes.
Il candidato prescelto
- Minimum Ph.D in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physics or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience such as the design of data analysis systems or modules, creating power system related, mathematical or scientific software on embedded or server platforms.
- Some knowledge of electric power system components, operation and loading. Additionally, some knowledge of earthing systems and principles, cable, transformer and switchgear types, their characteristics and limitations.
- The nature and characteristics of faults and the power system's response to them, with a good understanding of protection principles and practices.
- Should be competent with circuit theory from d.c. up to megahertz, from lumped parameters and Pi or T equivalent circuits up to transmission line behaviour, in the time or frequency domain.
- A good understanding of the principles of engineering mathematics in general, and in particular those applicable to electrical power systems, including control systems, analogue filters, sampling theory and A/D conversion, linear algebra and statistical methods.
- Should also have a good understanding of the principles of software development, with experience of programming in C or C++, preferably for real-time systems, advantageously for a DSP or other embedded real-time system.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems using creative solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of electric power distribution systems, their infrastructure, common operating practices and the control principles underlying them, for both L.V. and M.V. distribution, especially in the U.K., but knowledge of European, American and Asian systems would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of embedded generation, the characteristic behaviour particularly of wind and PV.
- Experience in the use of Maple, or alternatively Matlab, Mathematica or Mathcad or similar mathematical software tool would also be an advantage.
- Should be comfortable designing and using FIR and IIR filters and other digital signal processing techniques, with a good working knowledge
- Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment.
- To have the ability to work alone, in close collaboration with one or two others, or as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team.
- Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
- A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- The ability and willingness to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing, (in good English,) and graphically, with both clients and colleagues.
Cosa comprende l'offerta
Competitive salary dependent upon experience.