Tu sei qui
- Leading global manufacturer of engineered automotive
- Logistic Manager
Il nostro cliente
Leading global manufacturer of engineered automotive structural metal components and assemblies primarily serving original equipment manufacturers
La figura ricercata
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Company's mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Provide key input into the development of the department strategy and goals along with identifying and tracking key measurable to support the business plan goals.
- Provide direction and leadership to department colleagues consistent with plant and department business plan goals.
- Responsible for all material flow activities within the plant including all forklift activities, line feed, coil and blank movement, etc., as well as the flow of parts to the customer.
- Direct efforts of shipping, receiving and warehouse activities and material handling on all shifts to insure that one consistent plan is followed.
- Responsible for overall coordination and communication within the department and of material flow throughout all departments.
- Supervise the movement of all materials to and from the warehouse and internal to the plant.
- Assure all incoming product is received from vendors and reported into QAD with correct bar code labels.
- Assure all outgoing finished products are shipped on time to avoid premium freight costs and shipped with appropriate bar code tags.
- Responsible for ensuring accountability and discipline within department.
- Maintain maximum levels of production utilization and efficiency.
- Coordinate new colleague orientation.
- Report, as required, company performance measureables and related corrective/improvement actions.
- Interface with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Assist in colleague development and implementation of related training and team building (forklift, training, etc.)
- Oversee the activities of the warehouse and coordinate shipping docks to effectively support plant operations.
- Assure all inventory control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Drive and participate in team problem solving activities and process improvement activities (ex. 8 D Reporting, Kaizen, etc.).
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, Q1, etc.)
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity, and cost reduction goals.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Assure all direct reports are aware of their EH&S responsibilities and hold all direct reports accountable.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of Personal protective equipment (PPE) by all the work team.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in the work area.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Plant Manager. Interfaces on a regular basis with Operations, IT and Quality Assurance, HR, Accounting, Engineering, and Maintenance along with suppliers and customers.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises team leaders and hourly shipping, receiving and material handling colleagues.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach materials talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
Il candidato prescelto
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in shipping, receiving, material flow and warehouse management, and two (2) years of management experience.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to mentor in effective problem solving.
- Familiar with Just-In-Time concept.
- Understand inventory control procedures.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient with SMART and DDL
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
Cosa comprende l'offerta
Ottima opportunità di carriera.