Tu sei qui
Leading global manufacturer of engineered automotive
Il nostro cliente
Leading global manufacturer of engineered automotive structural metal components and assemblies primarily serving original equipment manufacturers
La figura ricercata
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Company's mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Provide key input into the development of the department strategy and goals along with identifying and tracking key measurable to support the business plan goals.
- Provide direction and leadership to department colleagues consistent with plant and department business plan goals.
- Responsible for all material flow activities within the plant including all forklift activities, line feed, coil and blank movement, etc., as well as the flow of parts to the customer.
- Direct efforts of shipping, receiving and warehouse activities and material handling on all shifts to insure that one consistent plan is followed.
- Responsible for overall coordination and communication within the department and of material flow throughout all departments.
- Supervise the movement of all materials to and from the warehouse and internal to the plant.
- Assure all incoming product is received from vendors and reported into QAD with correct bar code labels.
- Assure all outgoing finished products are shipped on time to avoid premium freight costs and shipped with appropriate bar code tags.
- Responsible for ensuring accountability and discipline within department.
- Maintain maximum levels of production utilization and efficiency.
- Coordinate new colleague orientation.
- Report, as required, company performance measureables and related corrective/improvement actions.
- Interface with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Assist in colleague development and implementation of related training and team building (forklift, training, etc.)
- Oversee the activities of the warehouse and coordinate shipping docks to effectively support plant operations.
- Assure all inventory control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Drive and participate in team problem solving activities and process improvement activities (ex. 8 D Reporting, Kaizen, etc.).
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, Q1, etc.)
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity, and cost reduction goals.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Assure all direct reports are aware of their EH&S responsibilities and hold all direct reports accountable.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of Personal protective equipment (PPE) by all the work team.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in the work area.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Plant Manager. Interfaces on a regular basis with Operations, IT and Quality Assurance, HR, Accounting, Engineering, and Maintenance along with suppliers and customers.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises team leaders and hourly shipping, receiving and material handling colleagues.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach materials talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
Il candidato prescelto
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in shipping, receiving, material flow and warehouse management, and two (2) years of management experience.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to mentor in effective problem solving.
- Familiar with Just-In-Time concept.
- Understand inventory control procedures.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient with SMART and DDL
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
Cosa comprende l'offerta
Ottima opportunità di carriera.