Tu sei qui
- Firmware Engineer - Technology Company
- Electronics - English language
Il nostro cliente
Our Client, part of an international Group, is the Italian engineering/R&D/manufacturing/operations centre of the company. From initial concepts, through the development and mass production, the Italian Office is an engineering powerhouse specialized in a range of key specialist areas, involved in development of the next generation of products and systems for the power industry.
La figura ricercata
- Design, implementation, test, integration and delivery of digital communication systems
- Development of VHDL for FPGAs in accordance with TRL procedures
- Authoring of supporting design documentation to a high standard
- Development of test harnesses to verify developed items using self-checking testbenches, BFMs etc.
- Integration of the developed firmware on the target hardware with other system components and software
- Release of developed items in accordance with TRL's configuration control procedures
- Provide progress/technical updates to the project manager
- Provide project schedule estimates and technical risk identification
- Contribute to peer design reviews
- Undertake requirements capture
- Proactively support company compliance to Health and Safety legislation through adherence to company polices, processes and practices.
- Ensure that all business activity is conducted in line with company values, policies and ethics codes of conduct.
- Undertake any other activity as reasonably requested by management
Il candidato prescelto
- Degree qualified in electronics/ engineering related subject (preferably at 2.1 hons or higher); however, experience will be considered in lieu of formal academic qualifications
- At least 2 years post graduate experience of FPGA development using VHDL, preferably in the communications industry
- Excellent design standards and strong debug skills
- An appreciation of digital hardware design
- Experience of developing self-checking testbenches, BFMs
- Documentation generation: Requirements, design, interface specification, test specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with clients and colleagues both written and oral
- An appreciation of other engineering disciplines; Software, Digital and Analogue Electronics
- Familiarity with digital communications protocols and general networking experience
- Experience of developing on large Altera and Xilinx FPGAs
- Experience of Advanced RISC Machine System On Chip
- Experience of designing for security
- Working knowledge of the following engineering tools; Synplify, QuestaSim, Quartus II, Xilinx ISE/EDK, CVS, DOORS
- Experience of engineering development in the V model environment
- Scripting; tcl/tk, perl
- A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with clients and colleagues.
- Quality focused with good attention to detail.
- Proactive self starter who is structured and organised; A completer finisher.
- A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude * Demonstrate initiative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
Cosa comprende l'offerta
Good Opportunity in a fast growing company.