Tu sei qui
FINANCE & ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Multinational Company leader in its sector
- Finance and Accounting Manager - Very strong tax knowledge
Il nostro cliente
Multinational Company leader in its sector
La figura ricercata
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and timely financial accounts for Italy business
- To comply with Company US financial reporting requirements
- To comply with statutory and tax requirements
- Responsible for ensuring internal controls are in place and operating effectively, complying with company policy and SOX
- Responsible for financial processing functions such as A/P, payroll, cash, assets & inventory, general accounting, sales invoicing
- To develop and improve processes and procedures, to improve accuracy and efficiency and comply with local and company policies
To manage the Eastern Mediterranean shared services finance and accounting function and work with 3rd party service centers to ensure compliance with local legislation, company policy and US GAAP accounting rules. For example, ensure:
- All accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Timely and accurate processing of A/P.
- Management of inter-co invoicing process in accordance with company policy.
- Correct account coding for all expenditures. Ensure invoices and all expenditures are approved for payment in accordance with the Grant of Authority.
- Cash flow management is optimum and in line with company policy.
- Proper controls and processes are in place for approval and payment of employee expense reports.
- Inventory and asset records are properly kept in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for managing the sales invoicing department, to ensure that sales invoices are accurately prepared, submitted to the customer on time. Work with operations to ensure time to invoice is minimized. Ensure compliance with the company Revenue Recognition policy.
- Cash flow and treasury management. Prepare periodic cash flow forecasts
- and cash transfers in line with treasury policies. Work with Region.
- Manage the payroll function, to ensure all employees are paid accurately and timely, taxes and other deductions are correct.
- Responsibility to work with operations management to ensure asset and inventory counts are performed in accordance with company policy, and to ensure the continuous reconciliation between financial, operational and physical records.
- Responsible for the area's tax accounting in line with US GAAP and company policies. Work with local tax and legal advisers to ensure statutory and tax compliance requirements are met, for example with regards to tax filings, including VAT, personnel taxes and other statutory requirements.
- Responsible to ensure the internal control requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act are met.
- Monthly balance sheet reviews, timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Management of the East Mediterranean Finance & Accounting Department to ensure team is adequately resourced with suitably experienced and trained personnel. Ensure team is motivated to achieve results, and personnel issues are effectively managed and resolved.
- Ensure adequate resources and training in the use of reporting systems such as Hyperion and Essbase, keep up to date with the monthly financial reporting requirements issued by Houston. Ensure back-up for key functions in the F&A department.
- Work with Region Controller Europe and Region Finance Department, to ensure monthly financial reporting deadlines are met and all financial information is forwarded on an accurate and timely basis, through standard and other ad-hoc reports as required.
- Assists the Region Credit Manager to ensure: credit is only given in line with company policy; accurate and timely billing; timely collection of accounts receivable.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
Il candidato prescelto
The candidate has the following requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar position
- Bachelor Degree with a major in Finance from an accredited university MBA or Master preferred
- Good negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Italian and English
- Proven track record in managing statutory and tax compliance in Italy and other East Med countries
- Very strong tax knowledge in respect Italian legislation, plus other Mediterranean countries will be a plus.
- Knowledge/experience of oil & gas industry.
- Experienced in US monthly reporting and US GAAP accounting.
- Knowledge/experience of Sarbanes Oxley and other SEC requirements.
- Knowledge/experience of using JD Edwards and Hyperion.
- Knowledge/experience in Italian/Mediterranean countries tax legislation.
Cosa comprende l'offerta
Great career opportunity in a Multinational Company