Tu sei qui
Global Automotive Brand is looking for a Commodity Specialist
Previous experience in similar role
Il nostro cliente
Global automotive brand
La figura ricercata
The "Commodity Specialist" is responsible for managing a family of purchased products/services. Provide leadership and strategic directions for the buyers of his/her team in order to achieve successful results with positive financial performance for the company and align with internal customers to provide necessary support. Work to globally align the commodity in order to synergize thus creating better opportunities and work to protect the company from outside negative exposure.
- For the assigned team, implements the development of supply base management strategies that lead to lowest total cost in terms of quality, inventory, lead time, delivery, service and unit cost.
- Selects suppliers using the Sourcing procedure, negotiate Long Term and Supply Contracts where applicable, and maintain performance to expectations through negotiation of prices and terms to achieve best overall purchase decision
- Supervise, coach, develop and train the buyers assigned by encouraging team work, and ensure the achievement of the assigned purchasing objectives. Makes adjustments within the team considering workload and opportunities to achieve the highest level of results. Coach them in how to be strategic thinkers, negotiators, planners and execute strategies for future growth. Work with upper management to quickly resolve supplier issues, provide strategic vision for future of commodity, and offer expertise in specialized areas. Is a benchmark for other regions with less commodity expertise in order to globally collaborate toward WW success
- Coordinate within the Global Commodity team the development and execution of supplier, commodity, and sourcing strategies, ensuring maximization of leverage across the different regions with the involvement of the cross functional teams (engineering, platform, quality, aftermarket, logistics, etc.)
- Support the other regions sourcing by identifying opportunities in the local market
- Initiates and lead the development and execution of cost reduction initiatives and supply base rationalization programs utilizing applicable tools such as supplier negotiation, VA/VE, market test, development of "best-place-to buy" suppliers and direct high value purchases to strategic suppliers.
- Keeps abreast of market conditions, Competitor Benchmarking, new developments and techniques of manufacture for assigned commodities by maintaining close contacts with suppliers.
- Support the launch of new vehicles and work with Purchasing Product Development to solve suppliers issues.
Il candidato prescelto
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS (including education & years of experience):
- Master Degree in related field preferred Engineering - Economics
- 3+ years previous job experience in the specific role (preferential requirement)
- Integrity, flexibility and team-working oriented
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and communication skills (graphic, written and oral) with good analytical and problem solving skills
- A "Can do" approach
- Strongly self-motivated, determined and proactive, result driven
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to learn quickly
- Take initiative, working with urgency and responsibility
- Previous leadership/managerial experience required
- Strong knowledge of Corporate purchasing practices and negotiation strategies
- Experience with budget management (from forecasting through driving results)
- A substantial amount of independent and creative thinking is required
- English knowledge is a must
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Strong team work attitude in national and international environment
Cosa comprende l'offerta
Very interesting job opportunity